Overwhelmed and Overjoyed!

I'm Back!
Again I am sorry for my inconstancy- Over the past two months I have been battling with a few different illnesses but can happily say i am healthy! Being laid up in bed at weeks on end offered me the opportunity to slow down and spend time prayerfully seeking the Lords will for my life. I was confused about why the Lord chose me to be so sick- i had "finally" reached a really great place where i was at.  It was like the saying "two steps forward, one step back." But it was His way of asking me some difficult questions and to test where my loyalty was. Was my loyalty to the Lord or to my circumstances? Was i still able to have the JOY of the Lord in the midst of suffering? I praise the Lord for these hard lessons because i know that He is doing a great work in me and also asking me to rely solely on Him!
I want to give a shout out to my incredible husband who never left my side and who took the best care of me. This man cooked, he cleaned and he did the shopping. The patience he has overwhelms me and my heart overflows with gratitude and love. He kept repeating our marriage vows "in sickness and in health." It was so powerful to truly live out what we promised each other 10 months ago on our wedding day. Too see my husbands strength, faith, joy and patience during this hard time gave me even a greater respect for him than i already had. I feel like i keep getting luckier and luckier with each new day.

My friends, prayer is powerful! I have seen first hand just how powerful it is and I am here to share something big and new in my life that has truly been because of the prayers of friends, family and my husband!
I came to Mexico in obedience to the Lord- not sure what i was going to do besides be a wife and stand beside my husband. I have struggled with the lack of purpose in my life, wondering what my roll was here and i have also struggled with not having something that was "mine." I didn't know what my interests were anymore and even more than that, I didn't know how i would ever be able to do something in Mexico.. I thought about everything from every angle and still came up with nothing! Then about two weeks ago Wes was talking with our neighbor who owns her own cake decorating business and mentioned how I was looking for a job or something to do. She jumped at the chance to have an assistant! A few days later I was hired! It is seriously my dream job. I get to bake, decorate and use my creativity(which honestly i didn't think even existed!) It's just my boss and I in the kitchen, having girl talk and listening to Christmas Carols. Through this job I've recognized my passion for baking and decorating, especially cupcakes! I know it sounds silly, but the work and artistry that goes into this small treat is so fun! I am learning so much and can't wait to experiment on my own! I come home so excited to have Wes taste the newest treat and to tell him what i learned that day. It bring my husband joy to see my so happy and to put my energy into something i truly love! The hours are flexible so I can still be the little housewife i want and need to be! I will try to post pictures every so often so you can see the newest creations!

I am feeling so blessed and overwhelmed by God's love and faithfulness!

I promise to write again soon, i have so much more to share with all of you!
Merry Christmas <3











Comments

  1. Hey Les, don't know how I missed this one seeing as I am one of your fans who were asking for another post. Once again, love your heart and love the unashamed passion you have for our Daddy and His goodness in your life. You wear God well! Love and miss you and Wes. BIG HUG!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

In our weakness, HE is strong!

Sink or Swim

A Picnic in the Mountains!