In our weakness, HE is strong!

I know I know, It's been over a month since my last post- my apologies! Husband and I have been in CA visiting family, attending weddings and escaping the heat! We had an absolute wonderful time but now it's back to work and reality!

This morning i woke up with a heavy heart. It's one of those mornings where I'd like to just stay in bed and hide for awhile. Ever have those moments? Where it all seems to be too much and instead of facing what's coming at you you'd rather dodge it. Yeah. That's my morning! I sat down with my Bible and my Journal determined not to let sadness get in the way- I was flipping through older posts in my journal and came across something i wrote only a few weeks ago on our trip. this is 100% me, my words:

"Stop asking "why" God has me where i am but ask "How" Can i Glorify Him where He has me. Life is not about my wants and desires- It's about Jesus. Having the perfect house, in the perfect town, with the perfect church and perfect friends is not all life is about. It's not about my earthly happiness. God puts us right where HE wants us to teach us what we need to learn to be stronger believers. He takes away our comforts in order to show us His strength in our weakness. Don' look around you and wish you had someone else's life. They have struggles too! Be content with where HE has you in this moment and what He's teaching you. Make the most of it. Soak up the special moments. Don't let life pass you by. Embrace it, live it and enjoy what God is doing in your life. No moment is insignificant! "

I wrote that as a reminder to myself. A reminder to stop wishing things were different and as a reminder that GOD, my heavenly Father has the best in mind for me. He isn't trying to make my life miserable but He is molding me into a woman who is strong, who has faith, who is generous, who is loving and a woman who will serve her God wherever she is in life.

SO; Wherever you are and whatever your circumstances. Do everything you do for the Glory of the One who made you! Be thankful each morning you wake up and love the people who are in your life.

Comments

  1. Hey Les! Thanks for the important reminder. I have days like this too, and your words were really encouraging to me... It isn't about comfort or having what we want or think we need. It's about God! Only when we have that in mind can we really be content and find joy where we're at. It's just one of those things that I know but need to constantly hear. :)

    Caela Tangeman (Rohrer)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leslie, so well stated! You will lead a full and rich life no matter where God puts you if you can learn these lessons now. Thank you for the reminder that I can rejoice always, pray without ceasing, in everything give thanks, for this IS God's will for you in Christ Jesus (1 Thess 5:16-18). Aimeemom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Sink or Swim

A Picnic in the Mountains!