Hello Fall.

                                   Happy first week of fall Friends!

Fall has always been my favorite season. I eagerly waited for the changing leaves, the crisp mornings and the first rain of the season. I loved pulling out all my sweaters, scarfs, boots and pants and taking walks around the neighborhood, breathing in the fresh air, and seeing the trees sparkle and drip with dew. It's the time of year to snuggle, make fires, go apple picking, bake often, watch movies, drink hot cocoa and simply enjoy the beauty of the season.
    Well for me it's different now. The weather is warm and the rainy season is coming to an end but little by little the evenings are cooling and the mornings are peaceful and fresh. Though i've had to adjust to the different climate and change my expectations of what fall should be like I can still enjoy the break in the weather, and the lighter air. My darling husband surprised me with my favorite coffee yesterday saying " you have to have special coffee on the first day of FALL! I know how much it means to you." I married a good one folks! That little thoughtful gesture was the perfect way to start the day and a new season.


There's something about this season that puts me into "nest" mode. Our little home has needed some TLC for some time now and what a perfect time to start some projects and do some clean up! It started with our balcony. We added a succulent garden, a few new plants and a whole new bromeliad trunk! Then i turned my attention to the inside. We have a small studio apartment, which has been great. It's very inexpensive and we are able to save for travel and future, but let me tell you.... it's small! So, being the little housewife that i am, i'm using the space we do have to it's full advantage as well as adding a few new things to make it feel fresh. Today i'm starting to sew new curtains with the help from my mother in law, i've ordered a new bedspread and accent pillows as well as collecting some new decor items!  

I believe that one of the best parts about this season is the Baking and today i want to share with you a new, seasonal, mouthwatering treat that will leave you wanting more! I got the husbands stamp of approval so it's time to share-- Provecho! 


Apple Crisp Muffins with Cinnamon Drizzle


2 1/2 cups oatmeal
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
Mix together in a large mixing bowl and allow it to sit for 1 hour…then add:
4 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup butter, melted
Mix well
Sift together:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
Stir into wet ingredients until just mixed
Then carefully fold in 1 apple, cored but left unpeeled and cut into small chunks
Fill 9 jumbo paper lined muffin tins to the top
CRISP
½ cup flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
¼ cup melted butter
Mix well
Crumble over the top of the filled muffins and bake for 25 minutes
CINNAMON DRIZZLE
½ cup icing sugar
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
Enough milk to make a drizzle



                                                                 The finished product!






(recipe from Bite, by Michelle) 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In our weakness, HE is strong!

Sink or Swim

Overwhelmed and Overjoyed!