Jeremiah 29:11

 Jeremiah 29:11 has always been a favorite verse of mine and has been the theme to Wesley and I's life and marriage for 3 years now. Knowing that the Lord had everything under control, that everything we are going through is for our good and that we can have hope for our future-- doesn't get much more comforting than that!
I was walking with a friend yesterday and we were talking about the Lord being in control and how we have to rest in Him and find peace in HIm during the times where we don't see His plan and we were comforted by the fact that " The Lord Never Changes." He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He is always faithful to us. At times it may seem like the Lord is far away, but in those times He is asking us to SEEK him. "Seek me and you shall find me." Those are words straight from our Heavenly Father, asking us to set aside our wants, our needs, our complaints and to fully seek Him with a heart that yearns to be closer to our creator! He will pursue us and will always be with us but sometimes He will step aside so we realize our need for that sweet relationship and will pursue it with pure hearts.

11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.


For the last year i have been struggling with my health. That is a known fact and a much talked about topic around here. It started with a parasite 12 months ago, i got Dengue Fever right after and for 8 months i had chronic stomach aches and a few other symptoms to go along with it. In July i had appendicitis and was operated on right away and after my surgery i felt great. I could eat whatever i wanted to (before i couldn't eat meat, dairy or gluten) and i finally felt like i was on top of my game for the first time in months. Wes and I were excited about life, excited for the HOPE we had for the future and then last week the stomach pain returned, the nausea, the headaches, and the tiredness. Even now i am laying in bed trying to move as little as possible. It's discouraging. Plain and simple. I can't keep up our home like i normally do, there's a pile of laundry that still needs to get done and my husband has had to go above and beyond to take care of me. If you know me you know that being a wife and taking care of my home and my husband are my number one priorities, aside from my relationship with the Lord. So when i physically can't do my normal routine I feel a little useless. I don't like being waited on hand and foot and i don't like watching my husband clean house or do the laundry. That is my job! So through all this I have learned to ask for help, to accept what i cannot control and allow my husband to take over "my things" for a little while, without feeling like a useless woman :) What an incredible blessing it is to have a such an amazing man by my side, loving me, taking care of me, encouraging me, and making me laugh, through the good times and the bad times, and in sickness and in health. 

 So now i find myself having to choose how I am going to handle my current circumstances. Well today, in this very moment I am choosing peace. Peace in knowing the Lord has a plan for it all and despite the disappointment I feel there are still so many things to be thankful for-- little blessings He showers over us each and every day. 

Have a sweet Wednesday dear friends! TRUST the Lord's perfect plan, and have HOPE for the future and all that is yet to come! He's got you right where He wants you, seek Him, find Him and HE will blow your mind! 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In our weakness, HE is strong!

Sink or Swim

Overwhelmed and Overjoyed!